Our family sewing shop is located in the heart of Mount Gretna, Pennsylvania, an historic town that’s full of character and natural beauty. Come and visit us and explore the place that we call home!
Mount Gretna is…
- A special place for year-round enjoyment.
- A special place to live or visit.
- A moment in time, for all time.
- A hidden treasure.
- A magical place of splendid serenity.
These are just some of the phrases used to describe the community of Mount Gretna. Here are a few more:
A Chautauqua Community
Originally founded in the 1890’s, Mt. Gretna was established as a Chautauqua community. The stated mission was to provide “The advancement of literary attainment and the promotion of popular culture.” For well over 100 years, the community of volunteers has continued to fulfill this mission.
The Mount Gretna Area Historical Society was formed to preserve and provide educational facilities and programs.
A Retail Community
- La Cigale
- The Gallery at La Cigale
- Mt. Gretna Hide-A-Way Bar & Restaurant
- Jigger Shop (Ice Cream)
- Timbers Restaurant and Dinner Theatre
- Chef on the Go Catering
- Le Sorelle Porch and Pantry
- Timber Hills Studio Photography & Jewelry
- Mount Gretna Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Penn Realty
- Farmer's Markets & Local Food
- Mt. Gretna Realty
- Brownstone Realty
- Gretna Computer Consulting
- Hoyt Cottages at Mount Gretna Rentals
- Mt. Gretna Pizzeria
- Hickey Architects
- Gretna Emporium Gift Shop
- US Post Office
An Active Community
- Lebanon Valley Rails to Trails (trail map .pdf)
- State Game Lands in Mt. Gretna (trail map .pdf)
- Mount Gretna Roller Skating Rink
- Governor Dick (trail map .pdf)
- Gretna Moves Fitness & Yoga Classes
- Mount Gretna Miniature Golf
- Annual Mt. Gretna Art Show
- Mount Gretna Historical Society Museum
- Mount Gretna Lake & Beach (swimming & canoeing)
- Mount Gretna Theater
- The Cicada Festival (Musical Concerts)
- Mount Gretna School of Art
- Children's Playground
- Iron Valley Golf Club
- Horseback riding
- Carriage rides
- First Fridays Art Gallery & Home Studio tours
- Mount Gretna Tabernacle
- Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire